Monitor Someone from a Distance Using a Pair of Quality Spy Camera Glasses
When it comes to monitoring someone or catching an individual as they break the law, stationary hidden cameras are not always a good choice. While these are great when a target spends extended periods of time in one place, they become useless if the individual moves around town. Spy glasses have been designed for this very purpose. They enable the wearer to record everything in front of them without anyone knowing, and work without requiring Wi-Fi or mobile band connections.
This having been said, there are tens of spy glasses manufacturers out there, and while some simply produce these devices as novelty items that are only good for a laugh, there are also a few companies that sell equipment that is used by private investigators and surveillance professionals. These extremely useful products are designed to be both discrete, as well as powerful, having the ability to record HD video at 30 frames per second.
Buying Guide – What to look for in a pair of quality spy camera glasses?
While these products are not extremely expensive they are an investment. Buying a quality device may mean the difference between remaining hidden and successfully recording the video needed, and an embarrassing situation where you will not only fail to get the required information but also put the target on alert.
Here are some of the more important aspects that must be taken into consideration when buying a pair of spy glasses, in order to minimize the risk of getting caught:
Appearance – The whole idea behind spy glasses is the fact that they must be extremely discrete. Look for models that look like ordinary eyewear, regardless of the type of wardrobe that they would fit in. Get a product that looks like sports equipment if you intend to dress accordingly while monitoring, however, you should go for a regular-looking pair for all other cases;
Quality of life features – While the primary purpose of spy glasses is to record video without anyone else knowing, some products come with features that may make your job easier. Some have the ability to automatically save the current video before running out of battery, preventing the loss of important files, and others have motion detection and automatically start recording when they detect movement;
Battery life – Keep in mind that small devices have small batteries. This, unfortunately, means that even the most efficient product will still only be able to record between 60 and 90 minutes. This having been said some manufacturers use smaller batteries than others, and it is always a good idea to look at how long the product can actually operate for on one charge;
Storage – Some products come with integrated storage, while others are compatible with microSD cards. Your choice should be influenced by how you intend to use the device. If you only want to use the glasses on occasion, then the integrated storage should be enough, however, if you need them for regular use, then the ability to store files to microSD cards that can be easily hidden and are interchangeable may be invaluable
A pair of spy glasses that has features for every possible scenario
The glasses from Meauotou may very well be the most feature-filled product of its type. While the camera only records 720p video, the device comes with a large number of features that are designed to make it as flexible as possible. As a result, the glasses can be connected to Wi-Fi and used as a stationary camera, they have a motion detection feature so that they only start recording when movement is sensed, and the owner can view the live feed on a smartphone.
- 720p Video – The device can record 720p HD video and live stream it to a smartphone or tablet;
- Motion detection – The glasses can also be used as a stationary spy camera, being able to automatically notify the owner and take snapshots when it senses movement;
- 32GB card – The camera is compatible with microSD cards of up to 32GB;
- Long battery life – The camera can record video for 1.5 hours on a single charge, and can also remain active while charging;
- Discrete – The spy glasses appear to be a pair of regular prescription eyewear. The glossy finish hides the sensor, making it impossible to see with the naked eye;
- Light and discrete – The glasses weigh only 35g, making them great for long-term use;
- Multifunctional – The ability to also use them as a stationary camera and to access the live stream makes them far more versatile than other spy glasses on the market;
- Works while charging – The 1.5 hours functioning time basically becomes irrelevant if you use a power bank with a long USB cable hidden under your clothes to keep the glasses constantly charged;
- No 1080p recording – The ability to record 1080p video has become a standard in recent years and this model lacks this function, and the lower visual quality may miss out smaller details;
A very affordable and basic pair of spy glasses for those who are on a budget
The philosophy behind the Aisoul Hidden Camera Glasses is that spy equipment should not always have to be expensive. This device is extremely affordable, however, it does lack the bells and whistles of more expensive devices in the same class. However, they do come with the bare minimum required to get the job done and will suit the needs of those who have never owned this type of equipment before.
- 480p video recording – The device can record 480p video, which is perfect for recording face-to-face meetings and events that occur in close proximity to the wearer;
- Timestamps – The camera automatically applies timestamps to the video recorder, making it easier to navigate through the stored files;
- 32GB-compatible – The device supports microSD cards of up to 32GB, which is enough to record up to 40 hours of video;
- Audio recording – The spy glasses also come with a microphone that can capture audio;
- Fast charging time – The device can be fully charged in one hour and will record for 50 minutes on a full charge;
- Easy to use – The glasses do not require any effort to set up and all of the recording functions are controlled using a single button;
- Microphone – Most devices of this type do not come with audio recording capabilities;
- Fast-charging – The ability to charge its battery in an hour makes the device great for when you’re in a hurry or have a power bank with you;
- Low video quality – the 480p video quality may be enough for face-to-face meetings, however, it is too low for recording things that happen at over 12-14 feet;
A stylish pair of UV-protection sunglasses with an incorporated camera
The camera of the Oho Sunshine Video Sunglasses may be more obvious than that of other similar devices, however, its ability to record 1080p HD video makes it perfect for situations where you do not have to get too close to the target. The spy glasses camera is positioned right between the two lenses and can be easily confused with a design feature.
- 1080p HD video – The glasses can record 1080p HD video at 30 frames per second;
- Included microSD card – The product comes with a 16GB microSD card, however, it is compatible with ones that go up to 32GB;
- Safety lenses – The glasses come with impact-resistant, UV protection lenses;
- Long battery life – The camera can record for up to 40 minutes on a single charge;
- Fast charging – the device recharges in 1 hour;
- Great deal – The glasses come with a microSD card, a case, and a charger;
- High-quality video – The ability to record 1080p HD video is invaluable when it comes to monitoring individuals that are further away;
- Not extremely discrete – While the camera is virtually unnoticeable for a distance, it becomes painfully obvious when looking at the glasses from 2 feet away;
A pair of quality spy glasses with hidden HD camera is an essential tool for private investigators and other individuals that need to be able to record their targets without anyone knowing. However, it is important to keep in mind that there is a big difference between novelty items and actual spy glasses. Novelty items are usually only good for laughs and tend to break after a few uses, in addition to having poor cameras.
The devices above are popular among both private investigators, as well as federal agents, and will serve you well if maintained and used properly.
Also, be advised that recording individuals without their knowledge or permission may be illegal in some countries. This may also restrict the way in which you will be able to use the recordings, as presenting them in an official capacity may also incriminate you. Generally speaking, it is important to look at what laws apply to you in your particular scenario.