Top 3 Outdoor IP Cameras On The Market
If you’re looking to improve the security of your home or commercial property, installing IP cameras might be a good choice. If you’re not familiar with this technology, you should know that the thing that makes these cameras stand out is the fact that they use the internet to transfer data.
Instead of using local recording devices to record videos, these cameras send their data using local area network (LAN). The same goes the other way around; the cameras receive control data through the internet as well.
IP Camera vs Analog Camera: What’s better?
In order to be able to judge which type of surveillance cameras are better, you need to properly understand how they work. As their name suggests, analog cameras send their video signals in analog form, that is, in the form of electrical signals. The data is then transferred through coaxial cables to a digital video recorder (DVR), where it gets stored. The amount of data that can be stored depends on the memory capacity of the DVR.
When it comes to IP cameras, they send their data in the form of IP packets through local area network. The data is then stored onto a network video recorder (NVR). Unlike DVR that needs to be connected directly to the analog cameras in order to be able to receive their data, NVR just needs to be connected to the same local area network as the cameras.
Now that you know that IP cameras require no additional cabling and that they can send the data to the NVR no matter where it’s connected, it’s obvious that these types of surveillance systems have an advantage over analog systems. But, those are just some of the advantages of IP cameras, stay tuned to learn about the others as well!
Additional Advantages of IP Cameras
Here are a few more benefits of IP cameras that you should be aware of:
- Better Image Quality – Transferring data from the camera to the recording device via coaxial cable can result in a poor image quality if the distance is too long. The thing is that on the way from the cam to the recorder, the signal might get distorted as a result of electrical noises and other interferences. Such a worry doesn’t exist with IP cameras that use LAN to establish the connection.
- Remote Control – In order to be able to control the camera, you need to be connected to the LAN, regardless of distance. There’s no need for any special cables or devices – the camera can be controlled from any device connected to the network (as long as security credentials are valid).
- Easy to Repair – You don’t have to be in front of IP cameras to be able to check whether they are working properly. Not only can you test the cameras via your laptop but you can repair some camera issues remotely as well. That’s not possible with analog cameras, which require you to be at the spot each time they need fixing.
Finding the Best Outdoor IP Camera
Here are the things to consider when buying an outdoor IP camera system:
- Sturdiness & Built Quality – If you’re going to use the camera to monitor your backyard, it needs to be waterproof. It also needs to be resistant to other weather conditions including high temperature, low temperature, snow, UV rays, and so on.
- Video Quality – The better the video quality, the easier it will be for you to recognize the face of the person on the video. And if the person in question is a burglar, the footage can help the police identify them.
- Night-Vision – The whole purpose of surveillance systems is to ensure the security of your property 24/7. This is why it is important that the camera will work fine even in low-light conditions. And the feature that will make sure of that is the night-vision.
- Smartphone Connectivity – One of the main advantages of best IP camera systems is that you can control the cameras from a number of different devices, including PCs, laptops, and mobile devices such as a smartphone. Usually, in order to be able to control the cameras on your smartphone, all you need is download the right app.
- Customizability – You surely want to get the best IP camera system possible and such a system needs to be easily adjustable. If you would like to add a cam or two to the system, you shouldn’t waste too much time or energy on that; if the system is easy to customize, you’ll be able to do it in minutes!
- Advanced Features – Motion detector is just one of many advanced features you may want to look for in a best outdoor IP cam. Such a feature is great as it can alarm you, by sending you a notification to your smartphone, each time movement is detected on your property.
- Price – Security is extremely important but this doesn’t mean that you should spend all the money you got on getting the best outdoor wireless IP camera. This is especially because these days you can find some really good IP cams at very affordable prices.
Top 3 Best IP Security Cameras to Buy in 2019
Affordable IP Camera with Two-Way Talk Feature
There are so many great things about this camera, starting with the fact that it’s very cheap. Being cheap in this case does not mean cheaply-made. Actually, the users are very pleased with it, saying that it rarely breaks. Still, the number one reason why they love it is the number of features it offers.
- HD Recording – This is a 1080P (1920*1080) camera that can record sharp videos even in dark, thanks to its night-vision feature that has the range of 82 feet.
- 2-Way Communication – The camera has a built-in microphone, as well as a speaker, which enables 22-way communication.
- Superb video quality at night – The night-vision feature is really great with its range of up to 82 feet.
- Microphone – Thanks to the fact that it has an integrated mic, you can listen to what’s going on outside of your home. And because there’s a loudspeaker as well, the camera also allows 2-way communication.
- Low price – With the price of less than a hundred dollars, CPVAN 1080P is one of the budget choices with fantastic features.
- None – We think this is one of the best IP cameras you can find on today’s market.
2. SVEC 1080P
Top-Rated HD Camera at a Very Reasonable Price
This is an IP camera which that you can connect it to the LAN using Ethernet cable. But, this cam also packs a router that enables wireless connectivity as well. And that adds to the ease of use of the camera significantly. Apart from being easy to use, ieGeek’s camera is great for a number of other reasons. Just take a look at its features and you’ll see what we mean!
- HD Resolution – This camera can record video at HD, meaning that you will be able to see even some very tiny details on the playback.
- Night-Vision – The camera does a very good job when it comes to recording video at nighttime, thanks to the 65-feet night-vision.
- Waterproof Casing – The camera is meant to be used outdoors, which is why it’s made to be resistant to all sorts of weather conditions.
- Decent video quality – The camera does a very good job at video recording, providing clear image at any time of the day.
- Advanced features – The cam can be connected to a smartphone and controlled remotely. There’s also the motion detection feature that can send notifications every time movement is detected in the area covered by the camera.
- No microphone – The camera can’t record audio, only video.
IP Cam with Amazing Quality of Video and Audio Recording
Same as the previous IP camera on our list, SVEC is also one of the best IP security camera outdoor options. And the reason why it might be your best choice is that it has a built-in microphone, allowing you to listen as well, not just watch what’s going on.
- HD Camera – The videos made with this camera are very sharp, no matter the time of the day when they were recorded.
- Built-In Microphone – The camera has a microphone that allows you to listen what’s going on in front of it.
- Customizability – You can connect this camera to your home security system using Ethernet, but also Wi-Fi. When it comes to video recording, you can use a network video recorder or an SD card, or some other type of storage.
- Sturdiness – The camera is made by PHYLINK, a company that made sure the cam is waterproof (IP66 Rating), as well as very rugged and durable.
- Price – PHYLINK Bullet Pro is not the cheapest camera you can find.
We’re sure that after reading our buyers’ guide, you will know how to find an IP camera that’s best for you. And if your search doesn’t prove fruitful, you can always pick one of the cameras found in our reviews. We guarantee you won’t make a bad choice!