The Best Outdoor Wireless Security Camera Systems With DVR
Stats about break-ins are shocking. In the United States alone, there are over two million reported home burglaries. Add to that the number of break-ins happening in business properties and you’ll get a really horrible figure.
To make sure your property does not become a part of the statistic, you need to do all in your power to make it secure. And that means that you must get a good surveillance system installed on your property. By ‘good’ we mean a system of cameras that will either make the burglars give up on their plan or catch them in the act.
If you’re wondering what kind of surveillance system can do that, our answer
Why You Need to Get a Wireless Security Camera System with DVR?
In order to understand the importance of installing a system of wireless security cameras with DVR, first you need to understand how these devices work. Basically, these systems are made of cameras that record the video footage onto the DVR (digital video recording).
This way, not only you can see what’s going in and out of your property in real-time, but you can also watch playbacks whenever you want to. And this is the reason why these systems offer more possibilities than surveillance systems without DVR.
These cameras can be used for a number of different purposes including the following:
- Helping the police identify burglars
- Neighborhood watch
- Keeping an eye on what your teenage children do when you’re not around
- Keeping an eye on your baby’s nanny
- Checking up on the maid and other stuff employed at your household
- Keeping an eye on your aging loved ones who are struggling with dementia or similar conditions
- Checking how your pets behave when no one’s around
On top of everything, the camera also use as a warning sign to the criminals to stay away from your home. Of course, apart from using these camera systems to keep your home safe and sound, you can do the same for other properties you won, including commercial properties, beach real estate, log cabin, and so on.
Features of the Best Wireless Security Camera System with DVR
In order to find the best outdoor security camera system with DVR, you need to learn more about these devices. To help you out with this, we’re now going to discuss some of the most important features of these types of cameras.
- Number of Cameras – How many cameras your ideal surveillance system should have is something that depends on how large your property is. Sometimes, even a single camera is sufficient if it’s used the right way, e.g. if it’s placed so that it monitors the entire front yard.
- Video Resolution – The higher the resolution, the more details you will be able to see in the footage. For example, high-res cameras will enable you to see the face of the person in the video.
- Recording Capacity – These cameras are meant to work 24/7 and record everything going on in front of them. But, to do that, they need to save the footage somewhere. Whether it’s a disk drive, SD memory card or some other storage device, it needs to have enough capacity for the system to record video for days without overwriting it.
- Connection – The problem with wired camera systems is that they’re pretty inconvenient and very difficult to install. Wireless systems seem like a much better choice.
- Wi-Fi – Wireless surveillance systems are great for a number of reasons, starting with the ease of installation. They’re also great because you can connect them to your smartphone and keep an eye on your property even when you’re not home.
- Built – If you plan to use the cameras outside your home, they need to be weatherproof so that rain and snow can’t harm them.
Finding a surveillance cam system that matches the description is not be easy, especially if you don’t want to spend too much money. It’s difficult, but not impossible and we’re now going to help you find it.
Best Wireless Outdoor Security Camera Systems with DVR Reviews
Here are our top picks for the best wireless DVR security cam system you can buy in 2019!
Surveillance System with Four 1.3MP Night-Vision Cameras
Everything about this security cam system seems amazing, starting with the fact that each of the four cameras has a superb resolution, which allows you to clearly see even some really tiny details. And it doesn’t matter when the recording is made, because these cameras come with night-vision.
- Four 1.3MP Cameras – The cameras are easy to install; just plug them into a power outlet and you’re ready to go.
- Night-Vision – This feature enables you to spot a face from 80 feet distance.
- Built-in Routers – The power cable is the only cable you need to make the cameras work. The recording is sent from the cams to the memory drive wirelessly.
- 1TB Hard Drive – The built-in memory drive has the capacity of 1TB, which is enough for days of recording without overwriting. And if that’s not enough, you can upgrade the system to up to 4GB.
- Easy to install – The system is easy to install, the whole process does not take longer than 10-15 minutes.
- Decent video quality – Day or night, the video quality is pretty decent.
- Smartphone-compatible – You can connect the system to your mobile device so that you would be able to keep an eye to your property while away.
- No 2-way audio – It would be great if there was an integrated microphone/speakerphone so that you could use the system to have a two-way communication with the people outside your home.
System with 4 HD Cameras and Audio Recording
A great thing about this security system is that it records audio in addition to video. This way, you will get to hear what’s going on outside your home, not just see it.
- 1080P HD Video Recording – There are four cameras in the set, each of which can record HD video both during day and night. There’s night-vision feature that ensures the video quality is flawless even in low-light conditions.
- HDD Storage – With 1TB capacity, the hard drive can record video for days without overwriting it.
- Built-in Router – The videos are recorded onto the HDD via wireless connection. This means that there are no cables between the cameras and the video recorder.
- Decent video quality – Cameras record HD video, while its night-vision ensures visibility at a distance of up to 65 feet.
- Audio recording – Each camera has a built-in microphone which records audio.
- Smartphone-compatible – When you connect the system to your smartphone, you can set it to send you notifications each time movement is detected.
- Price – If the system were only a hundred bucks cheaper, it would’ve been the very best Wi-Fi surveillance system with DVR on the current market.
Reasonably-Priced Surveillance System with Four 2MP HD Cameras
Same as the previous two systems we discussed, this one too has four cameras which can record amazing footage both during the day and during the night.
- Four 2MP Cameras – The cameras are easy to install and once that’s done, you will be able to use them to record high-quality video regardless of the time of day. The cameras have night-vision that works at a distance of up to 65 feet.
- 1TB Storage – The HDD has enough capacity to keep the system recording video for days without overwriting. If that’s not enough for you, you can upgrade it to maximum 6TB.
- IP66 All Weather – The cameras can be used both indoors and outdoors. You have nothing to worry that UV rays, rain, or snow could damage them because they’re made to work fine in all weather conditions.
- Easy to install – The cameras are very easy to install, as all you need to do is plug each one of them in a power source and then pair them with the video recording unit.
- Good video quality – The system records high-quality video in all weather conditions, as well as during the night.
- Lots of smart options – You can connect the system to your smartphone and set it to notify you when motion is detected. You can also watch live video on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Reasonable price – This is the cheapest surveillance system on our list and considering that its features are pretty impressive, it’s fair to say that SANSCO S4D4C1T is a very good buying option.
- No mic – There’s no integrated microphone in the cameras, meaning that the system does not record audio.
There are so many reasons why you should seriously consider buying a Wi-Fi surveillance system with DVR. These systems are easy to install, easy to use, and most importantly, great at keeping your property secure.
Of course, this is only true if you get yourself a good surveillance system. If you don’t want to risk anything, simply choose one from the three systems we reviewed!