Newest and Most Efficient HD Spy Cameras For 2019
Classic security cameras aren’t always useful due to an inherent flaw in their design: they’re obvious. These traditional, bulky systems are designed to monitor large spaces, for prolonged periods of time, and to deter individuals from breaking the rules through their existence alone.
However, there are cases when you may need to record someone or monitor a room without anyone knowing. This is where spy cameras come into play. These small devices can take the shape of anything from wall chargers and telephone/tablet stands, to glasses and watches, and can be invaluable in more delicate situations.
This having been said, these products aren’t extremely well known, partially as a result of their “covert” uses and nature, making it difficult to find a good, quality product that owners are pleased with. Spy cameras, regardless of their shape, are not as expensive as traditional security systems, and their price is not always indicative of the quality of the product.
Buying guide – How to get the best quality product for your needs
So, let’s take a look at what to watch out when preparing to buy a spy camera:
Shape – Spy cameras come in many shapes and sizes, and which one you choose should be determined by how you intend to use it and in what situation. For example, stationery products such as phone stand cameras and clock cameras are great for monitoring a room, however, monitoring active people requires a more hands-on approach;
Features – While most modern spy cameras can record HD video, there are other features that could help you in your endeavors, such as a Wi-Fi connection that can allow you to use a smartphone in order to log into the device and access the live feed, or expandable storage;
Appearance – Consider where you want to place the camera, or if it is not a stationary one, how you will wear it. Spy cameras are built to be as less obvious as possible, however, they can still be identified if not used correctly. Try to choose models that will blend in with the surroundings;
Battery life – Keep in mind that the battery life of small devices is limited by their size. In other words, the smaller the device, the smaller the battery. Unfortunately, there is no way around this, in the case of wearable cameras, except by using a power bank. As for stationary ones, they can be plugged into an outlet;
Night vision – Depending on what you’ll use the camera for, you may want to look for models that come with IR LEDs. These help the camera see in the dark and their light is not visible with the naked eye, so they won’t give away the location of the device;
Stylish sports eyewear with an integrated 1080P HD Camera
This camera has been designed to cater to the needs of those who want to monitor active individuals, around town, but they can also serve as a great way to record sports activities. The sunglasses have a modern look, they are extremely durable, and the camera is positioned in the middle of the lenses. Featurewise, the product comes with everything one could ever need, from expandable storage, audio recording, and polarized lens.
- 1080p HD – The camera can record HD 1080p videos, as well as take high-quality photos using a 10M CMOS sensor;
- Audio recording – The camera can record audio using two stereo microphones, and comes with noise reduction technology;
- Lightweight design – The frame of the sunglasses is made from an impact-resistant, temperature resistant, and water-resistant material, making the product perfect for any scenario;
- Card reader – The sunglasses come with a microSD Card Reader, enabling the owner to use multiple cards in order to store videos and photos. A 16 GB Toshiba microSD card is included with the product;
- Easy to use – The functions of the camera can be controlled using only one button;
- Large battery – The integrated battery can power the camera for up to 90 minutes on a single charge;
- Durable – The sunglasses are designed to withstand the elements for extended periods of time, making them ideal for any kind of weather and temperature;
- Great battery life – 90 minutes of active video recording is more than enough for most purposes;
- Included microSD card – The included 16GB card is more than enough for the device;
- Somewhat noticeable – The glasses do fit in perfectly with a sports outfit, however, they may attract unwanted attention when worn with other types of clothes;
Low profile glasses that are perfect for any scenario
The Hereta Spy Camera Glasses look virtually identical to a normal pair of prescription glasses, however, they contain a 1080p HD camera, a microSD card slot that supports cards of up to 32GB, and a rechargeable battery that can power the device for up to 80 minutes. The glasses are light and durable and have a glossy black finish that makes the sensor extremely difficult to spot. They can blend in with any type of clothing.
- 1080p HD video recording – The camera can record 1080p HD video at a framerate of 30FPS, and automatically adds timestamps in order to let the user know when a particular event took place of when a photo was taken;
- Up to 32GB – The camera supports microSD cards of up to 32GB;
- Fast charging and long battery life – The integrated battery of the glasses can charge completely in 1.5 hours and can power the device for up to 8 minutes of continuous video recording;
- Multipurpose – The glasses can be connected to a computer in order to be used as a webcam;
- Inconspicuous – The design of the glasses is as basic as it can get, and they will not attract attention to them or to the wearer. The glossy finish does a great job at masking the video sensor;
- Easy to use – Recording is as easy as pressing a button, and the files can be downloaded to Windows, MacOS(Apple), and Linux;
- 2-in-1 – The ability to also use it as a webcam can be useful in some situations;
- No audio – The glasses do not have a microphone;
- No removable lens – While the lens can be taken out with a bit of effort, they were not intended to, and there is no way to replace them with prescription ones or to apply a polarized filter on them;
A regular-looking wall charger with an integrated spy camera and motion detection software;
This 1080p HD mini USB wall charger hidden spy camera from Tusionwin is designed for prolonged surveillance of important rooms or objects. The device must be plugged into an outlet in order to function, however, this also means that it is not dependent on an integrated battery. For all intents and purposes, it can record video round-the-clock.
It is also important to mention the fact that the device is a fully functional charger, however, this is not its intended purpose and only has very basic features when it comes to charging phones and tablets.
- 1080p HD video recording – the hidden camera can record 1080p HD video with a wide 9-degree angle;
- Easy setup – The installation process is extremely simple. Once a microSD card has been inserted into the device and the spy camera has been placed in a power socket, it will automatically start recording;
- 32 GB maximum card – The camera supports microSD cards of up to 32GB, which is more than enough for round-the-clock surveillance;
- Motion detection – The motion detection software of the camera automatically starts recording only when it detects movement;
- Loop recording – The camera automatically overwrites older files once the microSD card is full, in order to record indefinitely;
- Included microSD card – The 32GB memory card included in the package enables buyers to use the camera right out of the box;
- Extremely convincing design – The frame of the charger is extremely simple, and does not have any markings, inserts or any signs that it hides a video camera. The sensor is placed at the spot in which a status LED is usually located on regular chargers;
- No Night Vision – The camera does not have night vision, and cannot record in complete darkness;
Whether you need a device to keep an eye on your valuables without anyone knowing, want to catch someone cheating on you, or simply want to always have the option to record the important moments in your life, spy cameras are great to have.
Keep in mind that you should always consider what you need one for before you make a purchase in order to ensure that you get the right type for your needs. Also, keep in mind that you should always pay attention to the features that a product comes with. Get the best full HD hidden 1080p USB spy camera for you, and you’ll always have an advantage over those around you.