4k Security Camera System Reviews
With a top-quality security system installed on your property, the burglars will think twice whether to try to get in. And even if they do try to do a break-in, the cameras will alarm you, the people in charge of the security of your property, or even the cops. Plus, if there are HD cameras in the security system, you will be able to get them on camera, which means they’ll get arrested.
So, what kind of devices you need to buy in order to create a good security system? Well, it seems that all security experts agree that good surveillance cameras make the foundation of every good security system. Actually, with a 4k security camera system installed in your property, you may not even need other security features.
The big question is how to find a top-quality 4k security camera system. Well, it’s all about the resolution of the camera, as it determines the quality of the video and the clarity of the faces of the people in it. This is why you should consider buying only HD cameras. Cams with 720p, 1080p would surely do a fine job, but if you really want the best for your property, go with 4k cameras!
720p, 1080p, 4K – What Does All This Mean?
All HD (high-definition) can be separated into three different categories. The first one is 720p, which is a format that shoots videos in the 1080 x 720 pixels resolution. It’s often called standard HD or HD ready. A better alternative to HD cameras are Full HD cameras, that is, those that have a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080 pixels).
720p is okay, but you could do better than that. 1080p is a pretty good resolution for cameras, but if you want to take your security levels to a much higher level, our advice is to go with a system of 4k cameras! These cameras have a resolution of 3840 × 2160 pixels, which is several times better than what other types of HD cameras have.
And the higher the resolution, the better the video quality. In turn, this means that you will be able to see clearly the faces of all the people in your house, apartment, or commercial property. Furthermore, because these cameras have a wide resolution, you will be able to use them for surveilling a large area.
Other Things to Pay Attention to When Buying a 4k Security Camera
Simply buying a camera with 4k resolution doesn’t mean that it will actually do a good job keeping your place safe. There are many other criteria it needs to fulfill in order to be considered the best. Some of those conditions include the following:
- Power source – Having battery-powered cameras might sound good because they’re easy to install, but when it comes to your security, wired cams are a better solution. First of all, it’s because there’s no battery that can run out. Secondly, the video is better transmitted via cable than wirelessly.
- Video recording – The footage made by the cameras is transferred to the recorder. The amount of video it can save without overwriting it depends on how much memory the recorder has. So, pay attention to this feature as well! Our advice is not to even consider systems without at least 1TB.
- Night vision – Even though 4k cameras can create videos of impressive quality, they can’t do it if there’s no light. In pitch dark, only the cameras with night vision will matter.
- 2-way audio – Some cameras come with microphones and speakers, which allow you to communicate with the people in front of the camera.
On top of everything, you also need to pay attention to the price. Although it’s true that you can’t put a price on your security, the fact is that there are some security camera systems that are just overpriced. Why waste money on those if you can buy some really top-class systems which cost several times less? If this sounds good, let’s take a look at some of those systems!
4K Security Camera System For 2019
This is a 6-camera Power over Ethernet (PoE) system that’s guaranteed to provide your home the kind of level of security it deserves. Everything about this system seems amazing, so make sure to take a look at its features below!
- Six 4k cameras – There are 6 cameras in the system, which seems ideal for most houses and apartments. Still, if you think you need more, you can go for a version with 8, 12, or even 16 cameras. Of course, those are more expensive than this system.
- 3TB storage – The NVR has a memory capacity of 3TB which is more than enough to record video in 4k for many days without overwriting it.
- Smartphone-compatible – You can connect the NVR with your smartphone using the LaView app which will enable you to watch live footage of what’s going on in your property.
- Night vision – These cameras have night vision with the range of up to 100 feet (30 meters).
- Weatherproof – They’re designed to withhold extreme temperatures, snow and rain, so you can use them outside your home as well.
- Indoor/outdoor cameras – These cameras can be used both as indoor and outdoor cams, so you can use them to keep your home secured, as well as your backyard.
- Large storage capacity – With 3TB of integrated memory, this system can record video for days.
- 100ft night vision – Thanks to its night vision, you will be able to see a person’s face in a video, even if they’re 100 feet away from the camera.
- Mobile app – Download LaView app to your mobile and you’ll get notifications from the system every time there’s someone spotted in the cameras’ field of view.
- None – There really isn’t a single thing that we don’t like about this system. Even its price isn’t too high, considering what it’s giving you in return.
In terms of specs and build quality, this system doesn’t differ too much to the first one we reviewed. Still, the system does have a few advantages which is why its price is slightly higher.
- Vandal-proof housing – The main advantage of this system over the one manufactured by LaView is that the cameras are made of metal housing which makes them not just weatherproof but also vandal-proof. This means that if the criminals tried to destroy the cameras, they would fail!
- H.265 video encoding – Most of the features of this system are basically the same as with the previous one (4k cameras, 3TB storage, night vision, etc.). One of the differences is that this one uses advanced video encoding technique, which ensures a smaller data footprint, meaning that you will be able to store more footage on the NVR.
- Superb performances – When it comes to security, these cameras are almost flawless.
- Sturdy – The cameras are built to last and even if the burglars try to destroy them, they won’t be able to do it.
- Price – Although they’re not too expensive, the fact is that they cost more than the ones made by LaView.
A Single 4K Camera with Unbelievable Specs
Maybe you don’t want to spend a lot of money buying an entire system of security cameras? Maybe a better solution for you is a single camera with high resolution and a wide lens that can cover a really large space? If the answer is yes, Lorex LNB8921BW might be exactly what you need!
- 112-degree camera – The field of view of this camera is 112°, which means that it can cover a large area. And considering that its resolution is 4k, you will able to get a clear picture even if you zoom in the video.
- 200ft night vision – You will be able to see a person’s face clearly in ambient light from a 200-feet (30 meters) distance.
- Large field of view – A single 4k camera with a wide field of view can be used for surveillance of even a large hall.
- Affordable – Given that this is only one camera, it’s not surprising that it’s not an expensive option.
- Great night footage – The camera performs great in low-light conditions thanks to its 200-feet night vision.
- No recorder – This camera cannot work on its own; you need to connect it to a recorder (NVR) in order to be able to watch and record video.
You shouldn’t feel bad about spending a bit more on the security of your home. So, rather than buying a reasonably priced HD camera, our advice is to add a little bit more money and go with a 4k cam. Why? Because the difference in video quality is huge. And you can find one such camera in our reviews!
If you want the very best for your property, our advice is to install a system of 4k cameras. There are two such systems in our reviews and if you buy one of them, we guarantee you will not be disappointed!