Finding Battery Operated Security Camera With Memory Card
There are many reasons why you might do good with a battery operated security camera with memory card, starting with the fact that these cams are very easy to install. They’re also pretty cheap, especially when compared to some other types of security cameras. And because they come with integrated SD cars, you will be able to review the video the camera filmed.
Unfortunately, many of these cameras do not create videos that are top quality. If you’re going to use a camera for security purposes, you need one that can record footage in which you’ll be able to see clearly the face of each person in the video. It’s true that there are many cameras like that, but the problem is how to find them.
Luckily for you, you’re at the right place. Now, we’re going to guide you through the process of finding the best battery powered outdoor security camera with SD card. And later on, we’re even going to give you a couple of honest recommendations on which camera to get.
Important Features of Battery Powered Security Cameras with Memory Card
Here are the features that a battery operated outdoor security camera with memory card needs to have in order to be considered good:
- HD resolution – Whether it’s HD Ready (720p), Full HD (1080p), or Ultra HD (4k), the camera needs to be able to provide you with a crystal-clear image of what’s going on in front of it.
- Large memory capacity – These cameras record the video onto the SD memory card, which is why it’s important that the card is large enough to provide storage space for days of video recording without overwriting.
- Long battery life – You surely don’t want to have to replace the battery every few days and that’s why it’s important to pay attention to the battery life of the camera while doing your research.
- Motion sensor – In order to save battery, some cameras have a motion sensor that powers them on only when motion is detected.
- Waterproof casing – If you’re planning to use it as an outdoor camera, it needs to have a casing that will protect it from rain, snow, cold and hot weather, and so on.
The Best Battery Powered Security Cameras with Memory Card for 2019
Everything about this camera seems amazing, so if you don’t want to spend too much time on a camera hunt, feel free to go with this one. It’s great in terms of video quality, ease of installation, battery life, and many, many other things.
- HD camera – The camera has a resolution of 720P, which means that it’s capable of shooting top-quality videos. And because it has a night vision, it can do the same even in low-light conditions.
- Rechargeable battery – The battery takes only a few hours to recharge after which it can provide enough power to keep the cam working for days or even weeks.
- SD card slot – There isn’t a card included in the package, but there is an SD slot where you can place a card of up to 129GB.
- Two-way audio – The cam has an integrated microphone, as well as a loudspeaker, which enables two-way communication.
- Smartphone-compatible – You can connect the cam to your mobile phone using CloudEdge app, which will allow you to watch real-time video on your mobile.
- Easy to use – The camera is very easy to install and after you set it up, you will have no problems controlling it.
- Advanced features – The camera comes with a number of advanced features, including night vision, 2-way audio, and Wi-Fi among others.
- No SD card – SD card is not included in the package, meaning that you will have to buy it separately.
In terms of specifications, this camera is very similar to the first one we reviewed. However, there’s one significant difference – this one has a much better battery.
- HD cam – Most of the specs of this cam are identical to the specs of the Home IoT camera, including 720p resolution, Wi-Fi, motion detector, and so on.
- Battery – The camera has a rechargeable battery that can provide enough energy to keep it working for nearly three months.
- Decent performances – When it comes to video quality, this camera is pretty decent. It’s also great in terms of usability and installation.
- Amazing battery – There aren’t many other Wi-Fi cameras that have such a great battery life as this one.
- No SD card included – Unfortunately, a memory card is not included, but this camera does support 128 SD cards.
All three cameras in our reviews cost approximately the same, but this one is your most affordable choice for the fact that it comes with an 8GB memory card included. Of course, that’s not the only great thing about it. Take a look at its features to find out the other reasons!
- IP55 weatherproof built – This camera can be used both indoor and outdoor, thanks to its weatherproof casing.
- Motion detector – This camera can’t be used 24/7; it’s activated by motion sensors, which means that its battery can last for a really long time. And once it runs out, you can recharge it in only a few hours.
- 8GB memory card – This cam comes with an 8GB SD card on which it records its videos.
- Outdoor camera – The camera is resistant to cold and hot weather, as well as snow and rain, so you can use it outdoor.
- SD card included – It comes with an 8GB memory card, so you don’t need to make any additional purchases in order to start using it.
- Not too great video quality – Compared to the other two cameras on our list, this one isn’t the best when it comes to the video quality.
As you can see from our reviews, it is possible to find some really awesome Wi-Fi cameras that use a battery as the power source. All of these cameras are very easy to set up and once you’ve installed them, they will take the security of your home to a new level. So, why not buy one right away?