3 Surveillance Cameras With Audio Recording Capability
A good video surveillance system can be invaluable when it comes to keeping the ones we love and our property safe. There are dozens of companies that install these systems, however, most charge huge amounts of money simply due to the fact that this type of equipment used to be less accessible to regular individuals, than it is today.
There are now hundreds of companies that manufacture and sell surveillance equipment, and installing it is as easy as mounting it to the wall and setting up the Wi-Fi connection. This having been said, getting a quality surveillance system is vital to the security of your home. Getting regular cameras is often not enough, and the ability to also record sound can make the difference between preventing a robbery and being victim to one.
Buying guide – What are the features that make a surveillance camera truly useful?
So, let’s take a look at what you kind of features you should find in a high-quality surveillance camera in order to ensure that you get your money’s worth:
- Video capabilities – Depending on how you intend to use the camera, you should look for products that can record at least 720p in order to ensure that details of objects that are further away are also recorded. Good video recording is especially important if you need surveillance cameras for the exterior of a building, as the range of vision is greater;
- Advanced features – As technology advances, products that come with Wi-Fi connectivity, motion detection, shape recognition, and night vision are getting cheaper and more reliable. Try to get a surveillance camera that has at least a few of these features, as they are extremely useful regardless of where you will install the devices;
- Mobility – Consider getting cameras that can rotate in order to cover more space. These are especially useful in open areas or in larger rooms as they can be installed in a central spot and then rotated in order to monitor their surroundings;
- Audio – Having the ability to also capture audio is extremely important as some noises may indicate that something is happening in the home, even though the camera cannot see it. Furthermore, some cameras also have 2-way audio systems that enable you to communicate with the person near the camera. Letting them know that you can see and hear them can sometimes discourage burglars;
- Storage – All surveillance cameras come with the ability to store everything that they record onto internal storage, however, there are also models that are compatible with microSD cards and there are even some that come with cloud services. The ability to save files to the cloud and easily share them can be vital in some situations, however, these advanced services usually require a monthly subscription;
While it may be difficult to find perfect surveillance cameras with audio recording capability, but there are models that have enough functionality to help you keep a watchful eye on your home at all times:
A small, Wi-Fi-enabled surveillance camera that can rotate in order to monitor an entire room
Sometimes a single, well-built camera is enough to monitor an entire room. The Tenvis HD Surveillance Camera can rotate 355 degrees, allowing it to see everything that is happening around it and can be easily connected to a Wi-Fi network in order to give the owner the possibility to see the live stream. The device is extremely easy to mount to a surface and to set up, and with two-way audio that enables you to communicate with the individuals near that are in its range.
- 720 HD Video Recording – The camera can record 720p video and can rotate 355 degrees horizontally and 120 degrees horizontally, enabling it to see everything around it and record even the smallest details;
- High-Quality Night Vision – The camera comes with 11 IR LEDs that enable it to see in the dark at a distance of up to 32 feet, making it ideal for larger rooms and even for outdoor surveillance;
- Motion Alarm – The device can be set to notify the owner when it detects movement. The notification can be sent through the companion app, or through email;
- Motion Detection – The camera automatically records a 15-second video clip when it detects movement and triggers the alarm;
- Secure storage – The video files can be saved on a microSD card, or on a phone that has the companion app installed;
- Smart app – The companion app enables the owner to interconnect several cameras in order to monitor the whole home;
- Two-way audio – The two-way audio system enables the owner to communicate with the person being monitored. This can be done using the companion app;
- Full of features – The camera comes with a very large number of features, all of which are actually useful on a day-to-day basis;
- High mobility and night vision – The ability to rotate the camera makes it great for large homes. You basically need only one of these in order to see everything that is going on in a room, regardless of lighting conditions;
- Not great for web view – Watching the live stream from a phone or tablet is great, however, doing so from a web browser feels sluggish;
4 High-Quality Security Cameras that can monitor the whole house
This package from Zmodo is made up to 4 high-quality hidden surveillance cameras with audio that can be integrated with the Alexa virtual assistant, have a large viewing angle, and a 2-way sound system that enables the owner to communicate with those who are their range. The cameras can be easily interconnected and the app that comes with them can be used to access all of them at once.
- 720p video recording – Each of the 4 cameras is capable of recording 720p HD video at 25 FPS;
- Wide-angle lens – The cameras come with a 115-degree wide angle lens that can capture more details without having to move the devices;
- Two-way audio – Each of the cameras comes with a two-way audio system that can be used to communicate with those close to them;
- Wi-Fi and Motion Alerts – The cameras can be connected to a Wi-Fi network in order to enable them to send a notification to the owner when they detect movement. The notifications can be sent to the companion app of the cameras (IOS and Android), or through email;
- Night Vision – Each of the cameras can see in the dark at a distance of up to 30 feet;
- 4 in 1 – The package is perfect for those looking to get everything that they need with one purchase;
- Great motion detection – The motion detection system can be set to ignore certain objects and types of movement, such as leaves;
- No way to store files – The cameras do not have a microSD card slot or integrated storage. The only way to save the video recordings is through the subscription-based Cloud Storage service. There is a 30-day trial period after which payment is required;
A 1080p security camera that supports Wi-Fi, as well as wired connections
The Wansview Wireless Security Camera offers a great degree of flexibility when it comes to ways in which it can be connected to the Internet. The surveillance system with audio has been primarily designed as a Wi-Fi camera, however, it also supports regular, Ethernet connections, and can be installed using a smartphone, a tablet, or a computer.
- 1080p video – The camera can record video at a resolution of 1920 x 1080p, at 25 frames per second;
- 128gb microSD – The device supports microSD cards of up to 128GB in order to store videos;
- Smart design – the camera can pan 350 degrees and tilt 76 degrees, enabling it to monitor everything around it;
- Two-way audio – The camera is equipped with both a microphone, as well as a speaker. The system allows the owner to communicate with those near the device;
- Night vision – The camera can see in the dark up to a distance of 20 feet, making it ideal for round-the-clock surveillance;
- Easy to install – Whether through Wi-Fi or wired, setting up the camera is extremely easy and the device’s manual explains everything clearly;
- High-quality video – The fact that the camera can tilt and pan, in combination with its ability to record 1080p video makes it great for larger spaces;
- No browser life stream – While the camera can be accessed using the companion app, the owner cannot see the live stream using an Internet browser;
Quality surveillance cameras with audio can not only help catch burglars but also monitor those you love. They are great tools for parents with small children, as they offer the means to keep an eye on them at all times, but they are just as useful when it comes to monitoring older individuals or people with special needs.
Regardless of what you intend to use them for, they can save you a world of trouble, provided that you choose quality models that are more than glorified webcams.